We are pleased to announce this years Field-Based Training Day awardees. These municipalities will receive a day long hands-on training and a $1,000 stipend to address access issues. Congratulations!
- Boston, Massachusetts City Hall
- Castleton, Vermont Hubburdton Town Hall
- Concord, New Hampshire Town Hall
- Ellsworth, Maine Moore Community Center
- Stamford, Connecticut Rippowam Middle School
- Sudbury, Massachusetts Parks and Recreation Department
The purpose of the Field-Based Training Day is to help cash strapped communities bring together stakeholders to address accessibility issues in public facilities such as town halls, libraries, police stations and recreation areas etc. The Field-Based training day is a hands-on experience in conducting an accessibility review and identifying solutions that would improve accessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We invite cities and towns to submit proposals for 2015. Visit Field-Based Training to learn about requirements and submit a proposal. Deadline is December 31, 2014. We look forward to your application!